30 Hours Free Early Education for 3 and 4 year olds
As you may be aware from September 2017 parents of 3 and 4 year olds may be
entitled to 30 hour Free Early Education.
Parents will be eligible if:
- They are in paid employment, self-employed or on zero hours contract and
earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or
Living Wage over the coming three months.
- This equates to £115 a week (or c. £6,000) a year) for each parent over 25
years old or £111.20 a week (or c. £5,700 a year) for each parent between 21
and 24 years old.
- Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or
adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
- Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work
because they are disabled, having caring responsibilities or have been
assessed as having limited capability to work.
Parents will not be eligible if:
- Either or both parents have an income of more than £100,000.
- The parent is a non-EEA national and subject to immigration control (and has
no recourse to public funds).
How parents apply:
All parents will apply by creating an account at –
www.childcarechoices.gov.uk (external link).